Worthy offers a generous compensation package, including a competitive salary, bonus potential, medical, dental and vision insurance, vacation/sick time off, and a 401(k) with a match.
Worthy has grown over 154% since 2015 and is rapidly expanding.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in the insurance industry with a national insurance broker.
- Complete applications in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verify their accuracy; forward them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determine if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly. Use agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Process renewals in coordination with Sales Executives/Account Executive(s) according to agency procedures, and address client needs promptly.
- Review audits of policies; verify accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier. Verify policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations; act to save accounts; notify Sales Executive/Account Executive(s). Process and follow-up on cancellations requests to carriers, to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintain agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Process certificates of insurance and evidences of property
- Identify exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s).
- Ability to communicate with warmth and professionalism both in person and over phone/email correspondence.
- Knowledge of EPIC software a plus. New hires will go through a training process to develop strong aptitude in the software, as this is what we use for project delegation and a communication resource among the team.
- A minimum of 1-year similar experience in a Property & Casualty insurance agency or brokerage.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook. Computer competency is a vital skill for this position.
- EPIC experience preferred.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations, basic business finance and be capable of performing basic math equations and basic algebra. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills capable of interacting with senior officers of clients and cultivating strong relationships.
- Entrepreneurial attitude where accountability for profitability and satisfaction are second nature
- Demonstrates teambuilding skills and cultivates strong cross functional relationships to serve client needs.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
- Works independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Anticipates problems and works proactively to solve them through creative thinking